October 16, 2009

Daily Drop Cap

M 

y recent inspirations are coming from the extremely talented typographer and illustrator, Jessica Hische. I've been following her work for about a year now and some of my favorite things that I see often in her work is delicate line work, charming character in her illustrations, and the ability to capture detail in simplistic forms. One of her recent ventures is Daily Drop Cap, a site that is dedicated to creating drop cap letterforms (how do you like the M?) She writes on her site, "Each day (or at least each WORK day), a new hand-crafted decorative initial cap will be posted for your enjoyment and for the beautification of blog posts everywhere." I think it's a fantastic idea and I will be checking back often to see what she comes up with.

No comments:

Post a Comment